Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Instagram Art


I have been craving a little DIY ever since we moved in to our apartment! So when I heard it was Pinterest Challenge time, I decided to find a fun project that would be easy enough to do (since I haven’t found the craft store here yet) and put some color up on the bare walls in our flat. 


I decided to make instagram art (sort of like this) to share all of the photos we have taken of our adventures so far in South Africa (and a few of our sweet puppy sprinkled in just because!).  We thought it would be great to hang up as soon as you walk in so when our friends and family come to visit, they can see what we have been up to.  It will also be fun to add to over the year.


All I did was print out the photos (2.5” x 2.5”) on card stock, trim them down and then tacked them to the wall with sticky-tack.



It’s nothing fancy but we can easily take down the photos at the end of the year to take home and then make a more permanent art piece to enjoy.   


If you would like to follow along with our adventures while we are away, you can follow me on instagram (alauraorr) or our blog (www.orrsabroad.blogspot.com).


Head over to Young House Love, Bower Power, The Remodeled Life and Decor and the Dog to check out all the other fun pinterest inspired projects!

5 comments:

  1. This is great! Your instagram photos of your African adventures have been beautiful! And, because these isn't terribly permanent, you could easily add to it throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for some color on the walls. :) And also yay for an easy projects - those are my favorite kind, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great. I keep meaning to print my Instagram photos. Great motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! It's so nice to display all those instagram pics we take :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so great Laura! I love getting those intstagram photos off the phone and onto the walls :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at lorrinteriors@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips