Thursday, November 8, 2012

Home is Wherever I'm With You & BIG MOVE REVEAL

When David and I first found out about our big move I was excited, scared, worried, anxious, nervous and all other sorts of feelings- just depended on what day you asked! David, on the other hand, has been ready to go since day one! At one point, I was doing all I could to convince him to stay here- in our comfortable little bubble of life. I have traveled abroad before (and LOVED it) but the idea of making a big move there was a little frightful.

We have known about our big move since Summer of 2011. Since then, I have had time to work out all of my fears. This summer was a turning point for me and I became excited to start this new adventure (I was going whether I liked it or not so I figured I better get excited- jk).

For our anniversary this year, I made my own version of a "Home is Wherever I'm With You". I know these are all over in all sorts of forms but it really hit home for me.

I finally came to know at that time that everything was going to be ok. There was no need to worry about a thing when it came to our big move.  I know that wherever I am, as long as David is there, he will take care of me and it will feel like home! 


So where are we moving? Cape Town, South Africa!! 

Technically, we may be living in Stellenbosch which is a small, wine country town outside the big city of Cape Town. David will be starting a Ph.D. program at the university there and I will hopefully begin my interior design career with an internship with a local designer! 

We can't wait to get started on our new adventure! Our tickets are booked and we fly out in two short months! Got to get to packing!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Laura, that is such a huge move!! I'm so excited for you and your husband and can't wait to hear about all of your adventures xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsyn! At one point David had been looking at moving to Australia! Too bad that didn't work out- maybe we could have met!

      Delete
  2. OMG!! That is so exciting! What an amazing place to move ... and, I'm excited you'll be launching your interior design business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! how did you make this? I'd love to make one for my boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ariel- I created this by using Word and started by finding the outline of Africa and adding a clip art heart (that I believe I found on pinterest) over Cape Town. The quote I added just using Word Art and changing the font each time. I had that printed at a local print shop on 11x17 cardstock and then drew and colored in the pattern using colored pencils.

      Delete
  4. I would love to make a dog tag for our new rescue pup using your amazing graphic for "Home is Wherever I'm With You". Would you object to me using the image to create the tag? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CJ- I don't mind at all! I'm so happy your rescue pup has found a great home!

      Delete
    2. It arrived today! Love it, thank you. http://www.flickr.com/photos/55738552@N06/8650454786/in/photostream

      Delete
    3. This is absolutely precious!! Where did you get it made?

      Delete
    4. Ordered it through "Dog Tag Art" online. Way better made and than the thin metal ones they sell at the pet store (and less expensive) and it has a lifetime guarantee. I may have to order another for our older pooch.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at lorrinteriors@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips