Monday, October 22, 2012

{31 Days} Glitter Pumpkins and Fall Mantel

Note:  Due to some unforeseen family illnesses, I am having to play catch-up on my 31 days challenge! Thank you for reading!

Day 11: Glitter Pumpkins and Fall Mantel

I love fall! We are still feeling some summer heat but we're getting there. To help give Texas a hint, I did a little fall decorating here in our home.

 I decided this year to use brighter and cooler colors than the typical warm fall colors. I created a yarn wrapped leaf wreath, painted a chevron pumpkin and added a little bling with colorful glitter pumpkins.

These pumpkins are easy! I started by sponge brushing on some modge podge on the top of the pumpkin, leaving the stem clean.

Then I sprinkled on some glitter out of my stash from my sorority days.

I love the color and sparkle that these pumpkins add to our bright fall mantel.




11 down! 20 to go!!

2 comments:

  1. Loving your mantle! And especially the wreath! Did you make that? I just bought materials to make a similar one this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. I had an old straw wreath form in my supply closet from last year sometime. Over a long road trip I wrapped the wreath with the yarn a couple of times. I cut out the leaves from felt and backed them with cardstock just because I apparently picked up flimsy felt. It didn't turn out as cute as my inspiration wreath so I was a little bummed by it at first but mixing it with other fun colors on the mantel helped me warm up to it!! : )

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at lorrinteriors@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips